These savory muffins are great for a High Tea or an extensive weekend lunch.
The sweet pumpkin tastes good with the feta and the muffins are nice and fluffy.
Savory pumpkin muffins
Savory muffins with pumpkin and feta cheese.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 260 g pumpkin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 100 g feta (crumbled)
- 2 tsp mustard
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 150 g rice flour
- 16 g baking powder
- 180 ml rice milk
- 2 eggs
- preheat the oven to 200 ºC / 390 ºF.
- peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes and place in an oven dish. Sprinkle with some olive oil.
- let the pumpkin cubes soften in the oven (15 to 20 minutes).
- add the parsley, feta, mustard and 2/3 of the pumpkin seeds to a bowl and stir everything together (it remains a coarse batter).
- take the pumpkin out of the oven and let it cool. Scoop the pumpkin into the batter. Add the flour and baking powder.
- in another bowl, beat the milk and eggs with some salt and pepper to taste.
- stir the egg / milk mixture into the batter.
- line 12 muffin molds with parchment paper and scoop a little batter in each mold.
- garnish with some pumpkin seeds.
- bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.