Are you not a morning person, like me? Then I will show you how to make overnight oats….
This oat cake with summer fruit recipe is from my sister-in-law. Everytime she makes it for a birthday, it’s my favorite!
Zucchini cake may sound crazy, but this cake is really sweet and tasty!
Why not make pancakes a little healthier by using oatmeal and adding zucchini to it?…
It’s rhubarb season again! …
Once again I had a craving for a good chunky granola, the ones you just snack straight from the jar. So I almost wanted to go to the supermarket to buy some. But to be honest, the pre-packed ones I actually don’t really like … much too sweet! Or too expensive for a gluten free / healthy variant … So time to get started! I thought of a trick I once learned to make the granola really crispy and chunky. Namely to scoop an egg white through the mixture before baking it! This makes everything stick together and you get those crunchy chunks. Yummie!Print
Granola with oatmeal & nuts
Crunchy & chunky gluten free granola.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 jar 1x
- 150 g oatmeal
- 20 g flax seed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp gingerbread spices
- 115 g nuts (I use a combination of almonds, hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts)
- 75 g honey and / or maple syrup
- 30 g coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- preheat the oven to 150 °C / 300 °F.
- in a mixing bowl, weigh the oatmeal, flax seed, cinnamon, spices and nuts and mix well.
- melt the honey and / or maple syrup with the coconut oil in a sauce pan over low heat.
- stir the liquid into the dry mixture.
- beat the egg white well in a clean bowl, untill they are stiff.
- spoon just enough tablespoons of the beaten egg whites into your granola to create nice chunks (scoop carefully and not too long..!).
- spread the granola on a parchment-lined baking sheet (but leave the chunks intact!) and bake for about 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy.
- during the baking process, scoop the granola 1 or 2 more times carefully, so that the chunks do not fall apart.
- let the granola cool down completely on the baking tray before storing in a nice jar.
During winter sports I discovered these cookies in the supermarket…
Wow, these gluten free oatmeal cookies make me happy!…
How to make healthy banana pancakes? With just 3 ingredients: oatmeal, egg and banana. …
For some time now, I wanted to make a healthy alternative to gingerbread cake….
With these breakfast muffins with banana and egg you will have a relaxed start of your weekend…
Cookies for breakfast?! Yes of course! Tasty, healthy, gluten-free and no added sugar! Need I say more?!…