This oat cake with summer fruit recipe is from my sister-in-law. Everytime she makes it for a birthday, it’s my favorite!
Oat cake with summer fruit
Fruity oat cake with no refined sugars.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 persons 1x
- 250 g oat flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 50 g oat flakes
- 100 g coconut blossom sugar
- pinch of salt
- 75 g grated coconut
- 200 g cold (vegan) butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500 g (frozen) summer fruit
- preheat oven to 180 °C / °355 F.
- mix oat flour, baking powder, coconut blossom sugar, salt and coconut and add cold cubes of butter. Turn the food processor on pulse mode a number of times until a crumbly dough forms. Keep a small portion separate (200 g) and mix 2 eggs with the rest in the bowl.
- line a medium cake tin or low pie tin with baking paper and grease the edges. Spread the dough thinly over the bottom. Wet the rounded side of a spoon and smooth out the dough.
- divide the summer fruit over the bottom and sprinkle dough crumbs over it (from the portion you set aside).
- bake the cake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and done. If the cake is a bit higher, it should bake a little longer. Check with a skewer whether the dough is cooked. Lukewarm the best!