once a foodie, always a foodie. people think i’m experimenting with food, i say i’m PLAYING with basic ingredients ALL-THE-TIME!
& this round, the oat grains & pumpkin spices are on!
when the “firm bite” gets married to the pumpkin spices, let’s see if they’ll become a “happily ever after” 🙂
Pumpkin spiced granola
a fun match: spicy granola with a bite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Waiting time: 1 night
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minute
- Yield: 1 jar 1x
- 150 g soaked oat grains
- 45 g oat flakes
- 15 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g pecans, chopped
- 20 g coconut oil
- 45 g maple syrup
- 60 g pumpkin puree
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice
- a pinch of salt
- soak oat grains overnight.
- preheat oven to 160 °C / 320 °F.
- in a bowl, combine soaked oat grains, oat flakes, pumpkin seeds, & pecans.
- in a pan, stir oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, spices, & a pinch of salt over heat until oil melted.
- line a bake tray with parchment paper.
- combine mixture with dry ingredients, stir mix, spread onto bake tray.
- bake granola until crispy brown, about 20 minutes.
- allow cool down completely.
- store in a jar.