whenever i see something new at the grocery store or restaurant, i just have to try it in my kitchen. one day, i saw a pack of cauliflower rice, i scanned through my thoughts for ways to highlight the ingredient’s natural texture & flavor…… ah-haa! risotto it is!
rich vegetable cream, less filling, and… way easier than the original rice risotto. simple but very satisfying. Yummm! it definitely passed my “WOW” factor challenge.
Cauliflower risotto with mushrooms
Creamy vegetable risotto.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 persons 1x
- a dash of olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150 g chestnut mushroom
- 400 g cauliflower rice
- basil or parsley, finely chopped
- goat cheese, grated
- ½ cube chicken or mushroom stock
- 1 pack cooking cream, plant-based
- worcestershire sauce, to taste
- chop onion.
- in a deep pan, fry onion with a dash of oil until translucent, low heat.
- Press garlic, stir in with onion.
- clean mushrooms, cut slice. bake about 3 minutes.
- dissolve stock cube in 150 ml boiling water.
- add stock and cooking cream to pan, mix thoroughly.
- simmer to thicken sauce for 30 minutes, medium heat. stir occasionally.
- when sauce thickened, season with worcestershire sauce, salt, & pepper to taste.
- stir “raw cauliflower rice” into warm sauce for 2~3 minutes. pick & taste occasionally for al-dante doneness.
- sprinkle fresh basil or parsley, grate goat cheese onto risotto sparingly.
- buon appetito!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe: