for a long while, i’ve wanted to make a healthy variation to one of my favorite breakfast: gingerbread cake. after quite a few experiments, searching for a balance between pumpkin & oat flour, yet without pumpkin flavor overpowering. with this recipe, you get a moist and spicy cake that satisfy your taste buds & tummy at the same time.
Pumpkin gingerbread cake
moist & spicy gingerbread cake with pumpkin puree, oatmeal flour, & coconut blossom sugar.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- 200–250 g pumpkin
- 20 g coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 100 g oat flour
- 2.5 tbsp gingerbread spices
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 30 g coconut blossom sugar
Don’t forget to pin this recipe:
- preheat oven, 180 ºC / 355 ºF.
- peel pumpkin, cut into pieces, cook in a layer of water 6~9 minutes, or until tender.
- drain pumpkin, blend in food processor with coconut oil, until smooth.
- add egg, mix well.
- in a large bowl, add all remaining dry ingredients, stir well.
- fold pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients.
- pour batter in a cake pan, sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top at your preference.
- bake 35 minutes, check for readiness by inserting a toothpick, when stick comes out dry, remove from oven.