winter is here! the fragrance of ginger and coconut in this carrot soup makes it the perfect comfort food during cold weather. my neighbor sometimes surprise me by bringing this! what a wonderful afternoon snack! it makes a perfect side dish or even a nice hand warmer when served in a glass.
Carrot soup with ginger
stuffed soup with carrots, ginger & shredded coconut.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 bowls 1x
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- coconut oil or olive oil
- 500 g carrots
- 1 piece of ginger, about 5 cm
- 750 ml vegetable stock (or 1 liter if prefered)
- 50 g shredded coconut
- boil water in kettle.
- chop onion & garlic.
- heat (coconut) oil in pan, fry onion & garlic.
- cut carrots & ginger into pieces, add to pan.
- add water & stock cube, simmer 30 minutes, or until carrots cooked.
- puree soup with handheld blender or food processor.
- add shredded coconut, mix briefly for texture preference.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe:
This is also one of my favorites: green pea soup with fresh mint leaves.