I make this carrot bread quite often, it’s a wonderful alternative for the conventional flour bread.
with a bit of butter or a slice of tasty goat cheese, this low-profile hero can single handedly flip the hunger game into a food heaven! LOL! but, really! you should try it, you’ll fall in love with it!
Carrot loaf bread
a very fulfilling carrot bread!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 100 g raisins
- 125 g hazelnuts, roasted
- 200 g carrot, grated
- 100 g quinoa or oat flour, or combined
- 25 g flax seed
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
Don’t forget to pin this recipe:
- preheat oven, 200 ºC / 390 ºF.
- soak raisins in lukewarm water, 10 minutes.
- grease a rectangular cake tin, place a piece of bake paper over the long sides.
- chop hazelnuts roughly.
- drain raisins.
- mix raisins & hazelnuts with flour, grated carrot, flax seed, sunflower seeds, eggs, salt & honey/agave syrup.
- tips: at the stage, the batter will appear a bit coarse & slightly runny.
- pour mixture into cake tin, bake until done (pin comes out dry), about 30 minutes.
- allow loaf to cool down completely before slicing.
homemade bread can be either refrigerated or frozen. you may want to slice the loaf before freezer storage for easier partial servings.