Some combinations are just right! This one for example, with beetroot and goat cheese… super simple and delicious.
Beetroot and goat’s cheese stacks
An amazing vegetable starter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 persons 1x
- 3 beetroots (pre-cooked, nice and easy)
- 200 g soft goat cheese
- 60 ml goat milk
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- arugula or herb salad (parsley, chervil, tarragon, chives)
- 50 g roasted hazelnuts
- slice the beetroots. If you have time, you can marinate for an hour in olive oil with balsamic vinegar (ratio 1: 1).
- mix the goat cheese and milk and finely chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper. To make firm stacks, it’s better to put refrigerate the mixture for a while.
- when you have marinated the beets, drain them well (and keep the marinade). Pat dry if necessary with kitchen paper.
- now make stacks by alternating a slice of beetroot and some goat cheese spread.
- serve with arugula or herb salad (plus marinade / oil / vinegar) and add some chopped hazelnuts.
The quick version without marinating and refrigerating is already quite tasty!