Just a completely different kind of granola with a surprising taste because of the buckwheat and tahini. Dare to make it?!
Buckwheat tahini granola
Crunchy buckwheat granola.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 small jar 1x
- 120 g buckwheat grains
- 120 g oatmeal
- 80 g sunflower seeds
- 80 g pumpkin seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 150 g apple sauce (without added sugar)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp rice syrup or honey
- preheat the oven to 175 °C / 350 °F.
- add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- mix together the apple sauce, tahini and rice syrup / honey in a bowl.
- add the apple sauce mixture to the rest of the bowl and stir well to create nice chunks.
- spread the granola on a parchment-lined baking sheet (but keep it chunky!) and bake for about 30 minutes until brown and crispy. Carefully spoon the granola two times during the baking process, so all sides are nicely browned (but please make sure the chunks do not fall apart).
- let the granola cool down completely before storing in a nice jar.