It’s rhubarb season again! So for the enthusiast enjoy this spring treat. Here is a nice recipe to start the day off!
Oatmeal bowl with rhubarb-strawberry
Oatmeal porridge with rhubarb-strawberry compote.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 persoon 1x
- 250 g rhubarb
- 40 g coconut blossom sugar
- handful of strawberries
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- 250 ml (almond) milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- peel the rhubarb / remove the threads, cut the ends off. Wash the strawberries and remove the crown. Cut the rhubarb and strawberries into pieces and add them to a saucepan, together with the sugar and a dash of water (I had previously cleaned the rhubarb and frozen it in pieces, so then you do not need to add extra water).
- bring to a boil and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep it from burning.
- crush or blend the compote if you prefer it to be smoother.
- for the porridge, add the milk and oatmeal to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat and let the porridge cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- pour the porridge into a small bowl, spoon some rhubarb-strawberry compote over it, and garnish with some pumpkin seeds.