During winter sports I discovered these cookies in the supermarket .. they were a great success during the long drive back to the Netherlands! At home I immediately started to copy them. I think it was a great success. Hopefully you love them as much as I do!
Healthy oatmeal cookies
Cripsy and healthy oatmeal cookies.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 small cookies 1x
- 25 g unsweetened corn flakes (health food store)
- 50 g oatmeal
- 50 g coconut grater
- 10 g (peeled) sesame seeds
- 10 g sunflower seeds
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- pinch of salt
- 20 g coconut oil
- 10 g coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 egg (about 20 g)
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp currants
- preheat the oven to 170 °C / 340 °F.
- weigh the corn flakes in a large bowl and grind with your hands.
- add the oatmeal, coconut grater, seeds and a pinch of salt.
- in a saucepan, melt the coconut oil together with the coconut blossom sugar and honey. Let it simmer for about 4 minutes so that the sugar caramelizes.
- pour the caramel over the dry mixture and stir well.
- beat an egg well in a cup or bowl and pour half into the mixture. Stir well again.
- add the baking powder, stir again.
- finally mix in the currants.
- line a baking tray with parchment paper. Use a (round) cookie cutter (Ø 4 cm / 1.5 inch) and fill with a teaspoon of the mixture. Press the filling well with the convex side of the spoon and carefully remove the cookie cutter. Repeat until you have finished all the mixture.
- bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- turn the cookies and bake for another 5 minutes for extra crunchiness.