For some time now, I wanted to make a healthy alternative to gingerbread cake.
I had to experiment a lot for this recipe, but in the end I am satisfied with it. The pumpkin makes a good filling, but you don’t actually taste it. It just helps to make it a moist and spicy cake.
Pumpkin gingerbread cake
Moist and spicy gingerbread cake with pumpkin puree, oatmeal flour and coconut blossom sugar.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- 200–250 g pumpkin
- 20 g coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 100 g oat flour
- 2.5 tbsp gingerbread spices
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 30 g coconut blossom sugar
- preheat the oven to 180 ºC / 355 ºF.
- peel the pumpkin, cut into pieces and cook in a layer of water until tender (6-9 minutes).
- drain the pumpkin and blend in the food processor together with the coconut oil to a smooth paste. Add the egg and mix well.
- add all dry ingredients (oatmeal flour, spices, cinnamon, baking powder and coconut blossom sugar) to a large bowl and stir well.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients.
- pour the batter in a cake tin and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top. Bake the cake in 35 minutes. Ready when you insert a toothpick and it comes out dry.