as a foodie, every stunning taste-buds experience would be a dream coming through, a mid summer night kind of dream.
it was one of the evening similar to what mr. Shakespeare had envisioned about summer nights, except that the setting switched from a flirtatious garden to a beachside small restaurant. dishes on the tapas menu danced languorously yet somehow seducive …
this soup, woke me up from a tranquil beach walk bluntly, wildly spicy, richly smooth, stimulatingly sweet, not shy at all !! wow…
i had to replicate it. you have to try it.Print
Hot pepper soup
spicy… sweet… tempting…
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 small bowls 1x
- 500 g sweet pointed peppers
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- 300 ml water
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1 can coconut milk
- preheat oven, 180 °C / 355 °F
- line bake tray with parchment paper.
- wash sweet peppers, remove seeds, cut into pieces, place on bake tray, spray/sprinkle olive oil & salt sparingly.
- Roast sweet peppers in oven, about 30 minutes, check in between, turn over if necessary.
- cut onion, chop garlic & hot pepper, place separately.
- in a deeper frying pan, fry onion with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- add chopped garlic & hot pepper, fry about 2 minutes, season with salt & pepper to like.
- remove sweet pepper from oven, add to pan.
- add boiled water & stock cube, let simmer, about 20 minutes.
- puree soup with handheld blender or in blender, until smooth.
- add coconut milk, stir well, warm up briefly to drinkable temperature.
- enjoy the “wows…”
Don’t forget to pin this recipe: