Have you ever stir-fried carrots as noodles? They have a nice savory bite because of the soy sauce and easily replace real noodles. I would say: give it a try!
Carrot noodles with chicken
Vegetable noodles with chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 person 1x
- 100 g (organic / free-range) chicken (thigh fillet)
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ red chili pepper (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 50 g sugar snaps or snow peas
- 1 spring onion
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 100 g carrot noodles
- 30 g cashew nuts
- handful of fresh cilantro
- cut the chicken into small cubes or strips.
- make a marinade of soy sauce and chilli peppers.
- steam the sugar snaps or snow peas until al dente (for example in a sieve above a pan of boiling water).
- roast the cashew nuts in a frying pan until golden brown and set aside.
- cut the spring onion into small rings.
- heat the oil in the wok and stir fry the chicken fillet and marinade for about 8 minutes.
- add the carrot noodles and a splash of water and wok until the noodles are al dente (usually a few minutes).
- now add the green veggies, cashew nuts and (part of) the spring onion and warm up briefly.
- serve with some extra spring onions and cilantro.
Based on a recipe from I Love Health.