Have you ever made something with puffed rice? This recipe is very simple and super tasty! And puffed rice is a great alternative base for your granola. Pour over a spash of rice milk and enjoy!
Puffed rice granola
Gluten free granola with puffed rice and seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 portions 1x
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g hazelnuts
- 60 g puffed rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- preheat the oven to 160 °C / 320 °F.
- chop the hazelnuts in half.
- line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread out the seeds (plus the hazelnuts, if not toasted already).
- roast the seeds for 5 minutes.
- meanwhile melt the oil and honey in a saucepan.
- weigh the puffed rice into a bowl and add the cinnamon.
- add the roasted seeds and the oil mixture and stir well until everything is well mixed.
- spread the granola over the baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until nicely browned and crispy.
- let it cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Delicious with vegetable milk or yogurt.