This recipe for gluten free granola is a surprising variation on the well-known version with grains. Nice and crunchy quinoa mixed with pecans and pumpkin seeds…a perfect combination. Just try it yourself!
Gluten free quinoa granola
Crunchy quinoa granola with pomegranate and pecans.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 portions 1x
- 1 pomegranate
- 100 g pecans
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g red quinoa
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g of dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
- preheat the oven to 200 ºC / 390 ºF.
- squeeze the pomegranate on a citrus press.
- chop the pecans and pumpkin seeds roughly in the food processor (a few times on “pulse” mode) and add the mixture to a bowl.
- add the quinoa and olive oil and mix well.
- spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- bake the granola in the middle of the oven for 12 minutes. Or until the granola is dry and crispy brown. Scoop everything once or twice with a spatula during baking. Stay close, because it can burn easily!
- When the granola is ready, scoop in the cranberries directly while it’s hot.
- let the granola cool completely and store the granola in a nice jar.
Have you ever made granola from buckwheat grains with tahini ?