i once heard an expression, “simple things are harder.”
it sounded so philosophical, but that was eXactly how i felt when trying to get some homemade potato wedges nice & crispy, and those french fries, too.
not anymore… after i learned this trick, i’ve became quite an expert. I’ll let you in on the secrete…
Crispy potato wedges
potato wedges, sooo Crispy! eXactly the way I liked it!
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- waxy medium sized potatoes, aka: culinar potato
- olive oil
- preheat oven, 390 °F / 200 °C.
- wash or peel potatoes, I prefer with skin on.
- slice into 8 wedges: cut potato in half, cut the halves in half again, cut the quarters once more.
- in a pot, put enough water that can fully soak wedges. boil water near boiling point, turn off heat.
- put potato wedges in near fully boiled water, soak 10 minutes.
- drain potatoes & pat dry.
- pour over enough olive oil & salt. you many add other preferred spices at this point.
- on a bake tray, spread wedges, bake 25 minutes.
- flip/turn wedges over, bake other side for another 25 minutes.