there is something about a chocolate truffle… just like a nicely scented bubble bath to a woman, or a hot towel facial at a barber shop to a man… pure pleasure!
romance yourself with a bite of this vegan chocolate truffles, and fall in love with it. toss your guilt out the window! for now!Print
Vegan chocolate truffles
vegan chocolate truffles, irresistibly delicious.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 20-30 balls 1x
- 12 medjool dates
- 40 g almonds
- 2 tbsp almond paste
- 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- prepare some extra cocoa powder for exterior coating
- in a serving dish or bake tray, line parchment paper.
- sieve extra cocoa into a shallow bowl, set aside for later use.
- in food processor, add dates, almonds, almond paste & cocoa powder, mix until a soft paste. scrape walls to make sure everything well mixed.
- to prevent sticking, moisten your hands.
- for each chocolate ball, roughly scoop 2 teaspoons of mixture, roll gently between your hands to form a ball.
- place chocolate ball in sieved cocoa powder, roll chocolate ball in the powder, or move bowl in swivel motion to coat the ball with cocoa powder all around,
- when fully coated, move truffle onto parchment paper.
- repeat steps 4 ~ 6 until mixture finished.
- refrigerate truffles until ready to serve.
you can refrigerate these wonderful chocolate truffles in an airtight container up to 1 week… if they’ll last that long!
based on a recipe by Donna Hay.