i once came across a word Hygge*, a term originated from the Scandinavian culture, “by cherishing the little things, we meet our inner self with a sense of coziness, contentment, and peacefulness”. the collaborative meaning somewhat touched me.one night, as i was sipping this golden milk by the fireside, a sense of warmth and comfort arose, the word popped in my mind, a perfect Hygge* evening. aaahhh…
i love this drink even more now, by the way.Print
with the essence from fresh ginger & turmeric, a heart-warming golden milk.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 125 ml light coconut milk
- 125 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger, or powder for convenient purpose
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated turmeric, or powder for convenient purpose
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- maple syrup
- optional: a hint of black pepper
- in a sauce pan, pour liquids, add spices, maple syrup, coconut oil & black pepper.
- let milk simmer but not to boiling point, about 4 minutes.
- when freshly grated turmeric & ginger are used for this drink, remove sediment by pouring simmered milk through a fine sieve into a cup.
- add maple syrup to your taste.
i prefer freshly grated turmeric & ginger over dry powder, because it makes the milk smoother. that’s why I normally don’t add pepper to it, but you could, for an extra kick!
- a quality of cosiness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being’ ~~ The Oxford Dictionaries.
- a Danish term defining “the art of happiness”, often used to describe when gathered with oneself, loved ones, family, friends, or even strangers, which fostered a sense of community and pleasure ~~ Lotte’s comprehension.