Of course you could buy a tin, but a homemade puree is so simple yet delicious!
Homemade Pumpkin Puree is the perfect base for many great recipes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 orange pumpkin
Don’t forget to pin this recipe:
- preheat oven, 200 ºC / 400 ºF,
- cover baking sheet with baking paper.
- cut pumpkin in half, spoon out all threads & seeds,
- wash both halves, place onto baking sheet with cut side facing down.
- roast pumpkin in oven for 35 ~ 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is nice & soft, use a fork to check.
- allow pumpkin to cool down a bit, empty pumpkin flesh from the skin with spoon, add to blender or into a mixing bowl.
- mix pumpkin until fully pureed.
- use it in one of my delicious pumpkin recipes.
Freeze the pumpkin puree in smaller portions, e.g. in a silicone muffin pan, so it is available whenever you have the crave for a pumpkin recipe.
Ready to make your homemade pumpkin spices?