Warm and comfy: this golden milk with ginger and tumeric!
A recipe for the perfect Hygge* evening. I love that word…and this drink by the way.Print
Golden milk with ginger and turmeric.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 125 ml light coconut milk
- 125 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp (grounded or freshly grated) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (grounded or freshly grated) turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- optional: a hint of black pepper
- pour the liquids in a saucepan and add the spices, maple, coconut oil and black pepper to it.
- let the milk simmer for about 4 minutes (not really boiling).
- when using freshly grated turmeric and ginger: pour the milk through a fine sieve in a cup.
I prefer to use freshly grated turmeric and ginger, because the milk is smoother. That’s also why I normally don’t add the pepper, but you could do it for an extra kick.
* Hygge is the Danish art of happiness where you come together as family, friends, and strangers to foster a sense of community and pleasure.