Why not make pancakes a little healthier by using oatmeal and adding zucchini to it? My son is a terrible veggie eater, but like many children, he loves pancakes! He doesn’t notice the zucchini and it makes me feel a slightly better mom. A win-win situation, right?
You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe, so it’s easy and cheap. The batter is a bit thicker than normal, so you’ll need a slightly different baking technique .. but I’m sure you get it!Print
Oatmeal zucchini pancakes
Healthy pancakes by a hidden ingredient: zucchini.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 pancakes 1x
- 6 eggs
- 150 g oatmeal or oatmeal flour
- 500 g zucchini, peeled and diced
- add the eggs and zucchini to your food processor and mix until well combined.
- add the oats or oatmeal flour and mix again. (when using oatmeal, your batter will have a slightly coarser structure than with the flour).
- melt a teaspoon of (coconut)oil in a hot pan and pour in some batter. The batter will be a bit thicker, so I often spread it out with a spatula to make a large, thin pancake. Bake the pancake golden brown on both sides.
- repeat until all batter is finished.
For the topping, use some maple, or pear syrup. Also to be used as a wrap for savory fillings.