Great tip from one of my girlfriends: “you always win with this bean sprouts salad on a dinner party”. Simple, but surprisingly good!Print
Oriental bean sprouts salad
Bean sprouts salad with lots of seeds and nuts.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 persons 1x
- 50 g pine nuts
- 60 g unsalted pecans
- 40 g sesame seeds
- 2 red chillies
- 250 g sliced white (or oxheart) cabbage
- 3 spring onions
- 125 g bean sprouts
- 50 ml natural vinegar
- 75 g olive oil
- 35 g coconut blossom sugar
- 35 ml gluten-free soy sauce
- roast the pine nuts, sesame seeds and pecans in a dry frying pan until they turn golden brown. Stir continuously so they don’t burn!
- let the nuts and seeds cool completely (if prepared in advance, store in an airtight container until you serve the salad).
- cut the chilies and spring onions into rings and mix together with the bean sprouts and cabbage.
- make a dressing of the vinegar, oil, sugar and soy sauce. For this I use an old jam jar so you can shake well to dissolve the sugar.
- mix everything just before serving.
Based on a recipe from Ottolenghi’s book. The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for a day.