i love homemade veggy burgers, but when it comes to alternative ingredients, i am really selective.they have to be all natural, easy to obtain, healthy, and most importantly, the result must taste good.
and this one… is really Yummie!
a homemade carrot burger, Mmmmm GOOD.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 burgers 1x
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 125 g carrots, finely grated
- 25 g oatmeal
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- in food processor, grind cashew nuts finely.
- pour ground cashew into mixing bowl, add carrots, oatmeal, cilantro, salt/pepper & spices.
- tips: the amount of spices may be optional to your preference.
- while mixing, add beaten egg 1 spoon at a time to visibly ensure the mixture remains firm.
- form 2 burger patties.
- in a frying pan, over medium heat, use olive or coconut oil to bake burger patties, about 5 minutes on each side.
- serve in a gluten free wrap or burger bun with some crispy lettuce.
Serve with a salad, or top the patties with herb yogurt dip to make it a gourmet!