Are you looking for a real treat without feeling too guilty? Try these….you will love them!Print
Healthy chocolate truffles
Just delicious chocolate truffles.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 20–30 balls 1x
- 12 (medjool) dates
- 40 g almonds
- 2 tbsp almond paste
- 25 g (unsweetened) cocoa powder (and some more to pollinate)
- prepare a (serving) dish or baking try with parchment paper. Sieve the extra cocoa into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- add the dates, almonds, almond paste and cocoa powder to a foodprocessor and turn into a soft paste. Scrape the walls to make sure everything will mix in.
- moisten your hands (prevents sticking) and roll 2 teaspoons of the mixture into a nice ball.
- place in the cocoa and shake it so that the ball is covered all around. Place the truffle on the parchment paper.
- repeat until you finished the mixture.
- keep the truffles in the fridge until just before serving.
You can keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week. Based on a recipe of Donna Hay.